The ASN1SCC ASN.1 compiler parses an ASN.1 grammar and converts it to (a) the corresponding C or Ada type declarations, and (b) functions that encode/decode these types to/from binary streams, according to a specified ASN.1 encoding.
The ASN.1 glue generators parse an ASN.1 grammar types and create run-time data translation "bridges" between e.g. SCADE type declarations and ASN1SCC-generated type declarations. These generators support an ever expanding set of modelling tools, including SCADE, Simulink, ObjectGeode, PragmaDev RTDS, etc.
These tools are developed by Semantix Information Technologies.
- The ASN.1 compiler:
- supports NATIVE, Unaligned PER (uPER) and ACN (user-controlled) encodings
- creates both C and Ada type declarations and encoders/decoders
- esp. for Ada, it emits SPARK compatible code, that validates under the SPARK suite
- The ASN.1 glue generators:
- Perform type mapping of ASN.1 grammars to declarations in SCADE, Simulink, ObjectGeode, RTDS, C and Ada.
- Create run-time translation bridges between the C types generated by SCADE, Simulink, ObjectGeode, RTDS and the C types generated by the ASN1SCC ASN.1 compiler.
- The combination of the two, allows ASN.1 to be used as a "universal translator" between modelling tools - and forms the "heart" of TASTE's data modelling.