Merging into stable
As TASTE development proceeds, the developers involved in the taste-dev list periodically decide it is time to make a new release. This is usually triggered by the introduction of new features that the users want, or by fixing important bugs (sort of like the "patch-Tuesday" of other commercial entities).
The process of releasing is simple:
- The relevant updates to the documentation are added under the repository's doc/
- A regression checking run is made in the main trunk, to make sure that no existing functionality has been broken.
- Then, the trunk is merged into the stable branch:
svn merge ... svn commit -m "Merged functionality for..."
- The end users are notified that they can "Update-TASTE.sh" in their VMs and get the latest versions of everything
- The VM is updated, via the procedure described here, so that new TASTE users get to use the latest versions of the tools, too.